The next Evening Vespers at Church of the Redeemer is an Advent Lessons and Carols service. Join with the people of Church of the Redeemer at 7:00 pm on December 6, 2015, to prepare for the coming of Christ. There is no admission charge.
This Lesson and Carols service has scripture, solos, and hymns—but no sermon. Special music this evening includes the following:
- “O thou that tellest good tidings to Zion,” from Messiah by G. F. Handel
- “Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion,” from Messiah by G. F. Handel
- “Rorate coeli desuper,” by Heinrich Schütz
In addition to Sheila Bristow, organist and music director at Church of the Redeemer, these musicians will join with us at Advent Lesson and Carols:
- Ellaina Lewis, soprano (see sampler below)
- Christine Knackstedt, mezzo soprano
- Steve Cresswell, violin
- Nathan Whittaker, cello (see sampler below)
A music sampler
Ellaina Lewis and Nathan Whittakker have been at Church of the Redeemer before with Sheila Bristow. This is a recording from worship on Easter Day 2015 at Redeemer of the three with Judson Scott, trumpet, with “Let the Bright Seraphim,” HWV 57, by G. F. Handel.[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/redeemer-kenmore/let-the-bright-seraphim-g-f-handel-1[/soundcloud]
Church of the Redeemer
Church of the Redeemer is at 6210 181st Street in Kenmore, Washington. We are a short distance north of Bothell Way, near the Burke-Gilman Trail. The entrance looks like a gravel driveway. The campus is larger on the inside than it is on the outside.
The Episcopal Church welcomes you.