Brushstroke is an exhibition of eight photographs of seascapes and skyscapes by Colleen Meacham of Kirkland, Washington. They were taken in different locations in Hawai’i.
View this exhibition from now through December 20, 2015, at Church of the Redeemer, 6210 Northeast 181st Street, Kenmore, Washington. The building is open during times of worship and by appointment.
- Sunday, from about 7:45 am to around noon. There are worship services at 8:00 am and 10:30 am.
- Tuesday, from about 6:45 pm to around 7:45 pm. There is a half-hour worship service at 7:00 pm
- On Sunday, December 6, there is an Advent Lesson and Carols service at 7:00 pm. The building will be open before and after this service.
About the exhibition
We, Angels and Mortal’s, Believers and Nonbelievers,
Look heavenward and speak the word aloud.
Peace. We look at our world and speak the word aloud.
Peace. We look at each other, then into ourselves,
And we say without shyness or apology or hesitation:
Peace, My Brother.
Peace, My Sister.
Peace, My Soul.
quoted from “Amazing Peace: A Christmas Poem” by Maya Angelou
Meacham had this to say of the photographs in Brushstroke for this exhibition:
A meditative and peaceful quality is what I want my work to express as I train my camera out to sea, capturing images of sky and water. Influenced by impressionist paintings, I move the camera in brushstroke-fashion while the sensors are exposed to light. Light and colors are caught in the instant of the “brushstroke.” The immediacy of the moment is recorded. My camera focuses while at the same time abstracts. Movement and an indefinite nature of the images add to the atmospheric quality.
About Colleen Meacham
Colleen Meacham is a Kirkland-based photographic artist. Her work has been exhibited in local and national exhibits including the following:
- The Society for Photographic Education
- Muse Gallery and Foundation for the Visual Arts in Philadelphia
- Texas Photographic Society
- Target Gallery in Alexandria, Virginia
- The Gallery at Bainbridge Arts and Crafts
- Northwest Fine Arts Competition at Phinney Center in Seattle
- Benham Gallery
- Seattle Art Museum Photography Council
- Kirkland Arts Center Artists’ Show
Gallery affiliations for Meacham are the following:
Church of the Redeemer
Church of the Redeemer is at 6210 181st Street in Kenmore, Washington. We are a short distance north of Bothell Way, near the Burke-Gilman Trail. The entrance looks like a gravel driveway. The campus is larger on the inside than it is on the outside.
The Episcopal Church welcomes you.Please share this post with others
Follow Church of the Redeemer on social media