The next St. Benedict Workparty at Church of the Redeemer is on Saturday, February 11, 2017. These workparties are a chance to pray and work to improve the Church of the Redeemer campus. There are tasks for all ages and abilities.
Here are the events for this workparty:
- 9:00 am — Daily office
- 9:30 am — These activities take place:
- Bill McGlinn leads a team of workers beginning part of our space renovation. There will be some construction in the nave and chapel area. This will prepare the area for new carpeting.
- We plan on doing some early spring planting.
- Those wanting a sitting task can help remove trim from vestments.
- 12:00 noon — Lunch
- 1:00 pm — Continuation of renovation projects for those who have time to stay. Things will be wrapped up by 3:00 pm.
We hope to see you on February 11.
What does St. Benedict have to do with workparty?
Pray and work (ora et labora) refers to the monastic practice of working and praying. It is generally associated with its use in the Rule of St. Benedict. Workparty is applying this concept to parish life at Church of the Redeemer.