Church of the Redeemer, an Episcopal Church in Kenmore, Washington, seeks a coordinator to shepherd the re-creation of the children’s education program. This is a paid, part-time contract position, approximately 5-6 hours per week for one program year, September 2017 through May 2018.
- Coordinate the implementation and practice of the Godly Play curriculum with children ages 3-9.
- Recruit, train, organize, and inspire adult volunteers.
- Lead children’s education events on Sunday mornings, with primary responsibility for teaching 3 out of 4 Sundays per month. The schedule to be negotiated.
- Manage communication with parents about Godly Play, youth activities, and other events for children.
- Regularly communicate with parents.
- Be the primary contact and coordinate welcome activities for new families.
- Pray for the children, their families, and the growth of the ministry.
- Enthusiasm and experience working with children and families
- An understanding of children’s faith development
- Familiarity with the Godly Play curriculum or Montessori methods
- The ability to adapt programming to fit the needs of the children
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Experience and familiarity with churches in the liturgical tradition, such as the Episcopal Church.
- Creativity and sense of humor
- Pay will be $20.00 per hour.
- This position will be a one-year contract, spanning approximately 35 weeks (school year), beginning in August 2017.
- Teaching schedules and time away will be coordinated with, and approved by, the Rector.
Successful candidate must pass a background check before starting employment and must complete the Safeguarding God’s Children training within a month of hire date.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Place “Church School Coordinator” in the subject line.
Church of the Redeemer
Church of the Redeemer is at 6210 181st Street in Kenmore, Washington. We are a short distance north of Bothell Way, near the Burke-Gilman Trail. The entrance looks like a gravel driveway. The campus is larger on the inside than it is on the outside.
The Episcopal Church welcomes you.
Please share this post with others
Follow Church of the Redeemer on social media