This Easter, we will be studying the Desert Mothers and Fathers at Church of the Redeemer. Our primary texts will be Roberta Bondi, To Love as God Loves and To Pray and to Love. We will also explore The Sayings of the Desert Fathers by Bendicta Ward. In addition, we will dip into John Cassian, Conferences, especially Conferences 9 and 10, and Laura Swan, The Forgotten Desert Mothers.
- Week One, April 15 — Introduction: Life in the Desert and Background
- Week Two, April 22 — Righteousness and Love
- Week Three, April 29 — The Passions, part one
- Week Four, May 6 — Passions, part two
- Week Five, May 13 — Desert Prayer
- Week Six, May 20 — Bringing the Desert Home
The schedule might be modified as we spend time with the topics and concepts.
If this series interests you, please consider purchasing copies of Roberta’s work. They continue to be available “new” and, of course, used and on Kindle at Amazon.
Questions? Just ask. Bee Jay Mar will lead us. She had the privilege of taking this series with Professor Emerita Bondi.
Church of the Redeemer
Church of the Redeemer is at 6210 Northeast 181st Street in Kenmore, Washington. We are a short distance north of Bothell Way, near the Burke-Gilman Trail. The entrance looks like a gravel driveway. The campus is larger on the inside than it is on the outside.
The Episcopal Church welcomes you.