Redeemer 1947 – 1997: The first 50 years
Gasoline rationing during World War II prompted a group of Episcopalians to found the Church of the Redeemer at the north end of Lake Washington.
This history is a chronicle put together by the Redeemer Youth Group in 1996 – 1997. It outlines the church’s beginnings as a mission that met in homes and later in the Lake Forest Park Civic Club before moving to its current location in Kenmore.
Redeemer 1947-1997: The First 50 Years (High resolution PDF, long download time)
In addition to this chronicle of life at Redeemer, read about priests who were formerly at this parish.
Church of the Redeemer
Church of the Redeemer is at 6210 181st Street in Kenmore, Washington. We are a short distance north of Bothell Way, near the Burke-Gilman Trail. The entrance looks like a gravel driveway. The campus is larger on the inside than it is on the outside.
The Episcopal Church welcomes you.Please share this post with others
Follow Church of the Redeemer on social media