Church of the Redeemer, an Episcopal Church in Kenmore, Washington, seeks a coordinator to shepherd the re-creation of the children’s education program. This is a paid, part-time contract position, approximately 5-6 hours per week for one program year, September 2017 through May 2018.
- Coordinate the implementation and practice of the Godly Play curriculum with children ages 3-9.
- Recruit, train, organize, and inspire adult volunteers.
- Lead children’s education events on Sunday mornings, with primary responsibility for teaching 3 out of 4 Sundays per month. The schedule to be negotiated.
- Manage communication with parents about Godly Play, youth activities, and other events for children.
- Regularly communicate with parents.
- Be the primary contact and coordinate welcome activities for new families.
- Pray for the children, their families, and the growth of the ministry.
- Enthusiasm and experience working with children and families
- An understanding of children’s faith development
- Familiarity with the Godly Play curriculum or Montessori methods
- The ability to adapt programming to fit the needs of the children
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Experience and familiarity with churches in the liturgical tradition, such as the Episcopal Church.
- Creativity and sense of humor
- Pay will be $20.00 per hour.
- This position will be a one-year contract, spanning approximately 35 weeks (school year), beginning in August 2017.
- Teaching schedules and time away will be coordinated with, and approved by, the Rector.
Successful candidate must pass a background check before starting employment and must complete the Safeguarding God’s Children training within a month of hire date.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Place “Church School Coordinator” in the subject line.
Church of the Redeemer
Church of the Redeemer is at 6210 181st Street in Kenmore, Washington. We are a short distance north of Bothell Way, near the Burke-Gilman Trail. The entrance looks like a gravel driveway. The campus is larger on the inside than it is on the outside.
The Episcopal Church welcomes you.