Events for the Episcopal Church of the Redeemer in Kenmore, Washington
- This event has passed.
Advent: from Chaos to Christ
Sun, December 17, 2023 at 9:30 am to 10:15 am PST
Intergenerational Christian education at Church of the Redeemer in December 2023 is all about Advent. Theresa Newell will lead us in exploring Advent: from Chaos to Christ. She will lead us in our exploration on December 3, 10, and 17, 2023, at 9:30 am.
All are welcome, whether a member of Redeemer or anyone in the community having an interest in Advent. There will be activities for children to discussions for adults.
Join everyone in the main floor of the main building at 6210 Northeast 181st Street in Kenmore, Washington. Call for more information at +1 (425) 486-3777. Our email address is email@example.com.
Come, walk with us through Advent: from Chaos to Christ.
Here is the topic for each Sunday:
- December 3. We will learn about the world into which Jesus was born. This includes economic, political, and geographic features.
- Do we see parallels in today’s economic and political atmosphere?
- December 10. We will discuss the expectations and hopes of the people—then and now. As part of the discussion, we will discuss some passages from the Prophet Isaiah and include an introduction of the O Antiphons.
- How did Jesus measure up?
- How does change happen?
- December 17. We will continue our discussion of the O Antiphons. We might even sing a bit as we look for the coming of Christ anew.
Advent is the first season of the church year. It begins with the fourth Sunday before Christmas and continues through the day before Christmas (December 24).
The name “Advent:” is derived from a Latin word for “coming.” The season is a time of preparation and expectation for the coming celebration of our Lord’s nativity, and for the final coming of Christ “in power and glory.”
(Taken from Advent.)
Church of the Redeemer
Church of the Redeemer: Worshiping God, living in community, and reaching out to the world around us. We are an Episcopal Church serving north King County and south Snohomish County, Washington. As you travel your road, go with friends walking the way of Jesus at Redeemer.
Church of the Redeemer is at 6210 Northeast 181st Street in Kenmore, Washington. The campus is a short distance north of Bothell Way, near the Burke-Gilman Trail. The entrance looks like a gravel driveway. The campus is larger on the inside than it is on the outside. And we managed to hide a large building on the side of a hill that is not easily seen from the street.
The Episcopal Church welcomes you.