Events for the Episcopal Church of the Redeemer in Kenmore, Washington
- This event has passed.
The World is About to Turn: Exploring Advent with Young Adults
Sat, December 9, 2023 at 9:00 am to 3:00 pm PST
Join in for an exploration of Advent to consider the meaning and relevance of this season in today’s context. Advent is a time of focused preparation and waiting that readies us for a deeper experience of both the birth of Christ and the “Second Advent” or return of Christ. During this holy and often busy season, you are invited to take part in this day of reflection as we connect to faith, other young adults in their 20s and 30s, and God’s goodness.
- Chaplain Resident Sonja Lund, Virginia Mason Franciscan Health
- The Rev. Nic Mather, Rector, St. Stephen’s, Longview
- The Rev. Malcolm McLaurin, Rector, Holy Cross, Redmond
- The Rev. Canon Britt Olson, Vicar, St. Luke’s Ballard
- The Rev. Canon Carla Robinson, Multicultural Ministries and Community Transformation
Activities will include:
- Continental Breakfast
- Theological discussion and reflection
- Wreath and icon making
- Closing liturgy and labyrinth walk
* Childcare will be provided.
Church of the Redeemer
Church of the Redeemer: Worshiping God, living in community, and reaching out to the world around us. We are an Episcopal Church serving north King County and south Snohomish County, Washington. As you travel your road, go with friends walking the way of Jesus at Redeemer.
Church of the Redeemer is at 6210 Northeast 181st Street in Kenmore, Washington. The campus is a short distance north of Bothell Way, near the Burke-Gilman Trail. The entrance looks like a gravel driveway. The campus is larger on the inside than it is on the outside. And we managed to hide a large building on the side of a hill that is not easily seen from the street.
The Episcopal Church welcomes you.